If you are looking for a program to enhance your homeschool art or after school curriculum, then you have found it! Born To Draw is the perfect guide that is designed to teach kids to learn to draw, the proper use of color pencil, pastel, charcoal, watercolor and other drawing foundational skills. Children learn the basics of Color Theory, Value, Texture, Scale, Composition and Placement. This is the basics in order to create with traditional materials or computer generated art and design.
Born to Draw goes beyond art appreciation by teaching the skills that are with one for a lifetime.
Why do home school parents and afterschool programs need Born to Draw Children’s Art Program for their children?
- For enrichment of cultural understanding and socialization of their child.
- Opportunities to learn to draw and learning the fundamentals of visual art that is aligned with the National Art Education Association Standards for proficiency and assessment.
- To provide curriculum growth and develop your child’s passion and creativity, wherever their passion and creativity leads them.
- To nurture the love of learning new ways of seeing the world.
- To learn on your schedule, whether you are a traditional school at home, teach by Unit Study or Project Method, Interest-Led learning or use an eclectic approach to teaching children.
- To Develop Critical thinking skills and visual problem solving
In the Born to Draw Children’s Art Program your child will develop their own portfolio for a traditional art class approach that will assess their matriculation and proficiency.
Here is a quote from a Home School Enrichment Blogger:
…Recently, I was paging through my old portfolios we had been keeping in storage; looking over pictures of projects and field trips, reading an original story or poem I had penned years ago tucked in among the English assignments. I was struck with the thought that these portfolios were more than just school files – they were the chronicles of each year of my growing and education. In a way, each one represents a chapter out of my
— Jessica Eve deCastro, Home School Enrichment
Born to Draw is a great way to use as unit study or project methods that explore a topic by applying many different resources. The Born to Draw Step-by-Step project are a great way to introduce drawing in core curriculum.
Parents of interest-led learners have two basic obligations. First, they must engage their children fully in the world. This ensures that each child will have a fair opportunity to form interests that reflect the broad spectrum of human experience.
Second, parents must facilitate the learning process. They may need to look outside the home for resources tailored to their children’s evolving interests. This could mean a special class, a mentor, or anything else leading to a deeper understanding of a subject.
– Minnesota Homeschoolers’ Alliance
Whatever your pedagogical approach to learning and teaching, “Born To Draw” can enrich your child’s education and will help to introduce your child to a community of people and ideas, and will facilitate the pursuit of their interests as they develop.
Born to Drawing offers customized training for homeschool parents and afterschool program on using traditional materials and supplies or learning digital drawing on the Adobe Illustrator program.
Lionap.com has a special offer on iBooks including the Navajo and English readers and other Children and Tween iBooks. Please check out these resources for your program.