What Educators are Saying About the Born to Draw Program!
“Love it! hands on and great resources I love the Born to Draw Program”-
Pita Ramirez APS Art teacher
“Great tips for Kids to Draw”
LeeAnn Costello Retired Art Teacher
“Elaine Cimino’s Born to Draw workshop was great! Hand-on while explaining the Born To Draw Program.”
New Mexico Art Educators Association (NMAEA) 2013 Workshop Feedback
“The Born to Draw Art Teacher’s Workshop was very organized and found it a very good way to teach basic idea of how to draw, especially students that need help even beyond the 6th grade.”
NMAEA 2013 Workshop Feedback
Why educators’ would use the Born to Draw iBooks as a teaching resource?
- Born to Draw Children’s Drawing Program, iBook, has two sections:
- Section One offers outlined lesson plans and drawing resources of the Children’s Art drawing program
- Section Two introduces the over 20 Step-by-Step projects that complement the core curriculum.
- Born to Draw iBooks series are in alignment with benchmarks and standards with several states’ Art Education protocols and National Art Education Association Standards. The Born To Draw alignment for Common Core State Standards is available in the shop.
- In a time when assessments are key to educational programs, the Born to Draw iBooks offer a way that assessments and alignment protocols can be followed in classroom. Our website is a way to provide accessible information as teaching resources for art education.
- The Born To Draw Art Program and Step by Step Art Program exceed benchmarks and protocols and strive to develop children’s conceptual thinking skills.
- The Born to Draw Children’s Art Program has additional website, how-to videos and art education projects that offers teacher resources and support for the iBooks as additional supplement to their lesson plans.
- Teacher’s and Students have the ability to interactive on the website by posting their artwork on the Kid’s Corner gallery.
- iBooks, how to video demos can be download on an iPhone and iPad and projected in class.
- This retired Artist/Teacher hopes that others see the need for art in the classrooms and in their lesson plans and supports the Born to Draw program.
- Born to Draw iBooks can be volume purchased through iTunes.
This program is a way for teacher’s to offer art in the classroom to illustrate reports, learn the skill of drawing, and bring formal art fundamentals and foundation concepts to students. The first book Born to Draw Children’s Art Drawing Program has over 20 illustrated Step-by-Step projects children K-6 grade can follow.
The second iBook, Drawing for Holidays and Special Occasions, brings fun projects of holidays characters and symbols and gives children the tools to create greeting cards, and develop a portfolios of artwork for assessment. There are many uses for these project, they can be created as take home gifts for parents and family, printed as calendars and greeting cards for fundraisers and used for exhibition in the classrooms, on the school website and on BorntoDraw.com.
Look for our Drawing Perspective iBook for 4th-8th graders and beyond to learn how to draw in 1, 2 and 3-point perspective, Atmospheric (Aerial) Perspective and how to draw ellipses. There are how-to videos available that explain each chapter on perspective and demonstrate the concepts with illustrations. This lesson plan offers is a segway to talk about the history of the Italian Renaissance and the artists who developed and first used perspective. The iBook has chapter reviews projects for assessments and tests at the end of each chapter. There will be diagrams for sale for teachers to download and project in the classroom. The video on Artistic Geometry compliments core mathematics with sphere, cone, cubes and doughnut (tori). When I teach, 4th graders and/or adults, the concepts of perspective are universal.
For students who are proficient and ready to learn more, the “how-to draw video” programs offers a way for students to learn the concepts and foundation for drawing at their own pace.
Also, please see Ten Reasons Why Art should be taught in the Classroom.
Volume Purchase Program
The Volume Purchase Program allows educational institutions to purchase iOS apps and books in volume and distribute them to students, teachers, administrators, and employees.*
How to Enroll
It’s quick and easy to set up your organization for volume purchasing. First, designate yourself or someone else in your organization as the Program Manager. Then you can sign up Program Facilitators, which will allow them to make purchases.
If your institution is tax exempt, you will not be charged sales tax. The program also allows app developers to offer special pricing for purchases of 20 apps or more.
Born to Draw iBook Series is now available for the Apple Volume Purchases.